Hello YCS Community,
Welcome to another wonderful school year! We would like to provide you with the highlights of our last General PTA meeting, which took place on September 25 after drop off in the cafeteria:
- Nesli Ciner, parent of a first and a third grader, and Ayana Lockett, parent of a kindergartner, were elected to the two Member-at-Large positions on the PTA Executive Board. Welcome and thank you, Nesli and Ayana.
- Michelle Galietta, mother of a first and a second grader, was elected to the open Student Leadership Team (SLT) position. Welcome and thank you, Michelle.
- It was announced that the PTA will be funding one of the two new lunchroom aide positions that were requested by Principal Samantha Kaplan, at a cost of $6,700 for the year.
- Mark your calendars for Curriculum Night/Fall Book Fair, Wednesday, October 10. There will also be a parent workshop, “Literacy Development: Tips, Tricks & Techniques“, on Thursday, October 11 from 8:50-9:30 am, after which the Book Fair will again be open until 10:15 am. For further information please contact Maria Mischel at firstname.lastname@example.org or Manjari Purohit at email@example.com.
- Mark your calendars for the Fall Festival on Saturday, October 20. For further information please contact Ellen O’Connell at ellen.o’firstname.lastname@example.org or Glenn Hardy at email@example.com.
- The next PTA Executive Board meeting will be October 9 at 8 am, at the PTA office.
- The next general PTA meeting will be October 23 at 7 pm in the cafeteria. Topics on the agenda will include proposed changes to the bylaws (as required by the schools chancellor), proposed budget amendments, and following up on the above-mentioned events.
Hope to see you there!
– YCS PTA