YCS International Festival 2023
Celebrating Culture and Diversity at YCS
Country and culture showcase tables with treats,
educational activities, games, a Parade of Nations,
and many raffle prizes!
Get your YCS Personalized -passport
and fill it with country stamps!
PS 151 YCS CAFE
Saturday, April 1 from 12:00pm-2:30pm
Tickets: $10 adults $5 kids
SIGN UP SHOWCASE TABLE
Would you like to share your culture and/or heritage with the YCS Community? Consider hosting a booth or bringing food/desserts!
To do so, fill out the form below
(International Fest Booth Sign-up Link!)
○ Tri-fold display boards to pin pictures and posters (We will provide one for each table)
○ Balloons / table covering in national colors
○ Maps of the country and maps of the region
○ Pictures of monuments, national treasures, dress, etc.
○ Displays of flags, local items, etc.
○ Brochures or flyers
ACTIVITIES (to “earn” their passport stamp)
○ Identify Flags, maps, other culturally relevant pictures, say special phrase, or common language greeting.
http://www.atozkidsstuff.com and http://www.enchantedlearning.
country’s embassy, mission, cultural center, tourism organization or chamber of
○ Map activities: Find/name the capital of a country on a blank map, fill in the names of
the other countries in the region, etc
○ Other activities: Write your name or YCS in a different alphabet, learn how to greet
someone in a different language, match 10 words from another language to English
○ Stamp the children’s passport after they completed an SHORT activity (we have stamps for many countries and can make stickers for the ones we are missing.)
for table visitors to have a sample of something (DUE TO COVID PRECAUTIONS PLEASE TO DO NOT PROVIDE COOKED FOOD AT YOUR INDIVIDUAL TABLE at this time. A pre-purchased individually wrapped treat is ok though).
○ Bring a dish for the “Travel-around the World” buffet set up separately, where bigger
○ Please, have individualized sample sizes, and stick to food that only requires a fork or spoon and does not require cutting.
° We will have paper-plates, napkins, forks and spoons.
AND REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR FAVORITE DRESS/CLOTHING OR FLAG TO WALK IN OUR PARADE OF CULTURAL PRIDE