2013-14 School Registration Information

If you have not yet registered your child for the 2013-14 school year, please call the school on Tuesday, September 3rd to make an appointment.

To be eligible for admission to Kindergarten in September 2013, students must turn five (5) by December 31, 2013 and be residents of New York City.  In accordance with Chancellor’s Regulation A101, admission priorities are as follows:

•             Zoned students with verified siblings
•             Zoned students without siblings

Registration is by appointment only.  Appointments are available beginning Tuesday, September 3, 2013.  In order to schedule an appointment, please contact our School Secretary, Annette Ortiz, at  212-722-5240  or emailing us at YCS Main Office <ycsmainoffice@gmail.com>.  When you arrive for registration, please bring your child and the following original documents:

•             Your address verification (see acceptable forms of proof see below).
•             Your child’s birth certificate, passport or baptismal certificate
•             Your child’s immunization record
•             Your child’s Individualized Education Program (IEP), if applicable

For more information see the DOE Enrollment Page for Elementary Schools at http://schools.nyc.gov/ChoicesEnrollment/Elementary/default.htm.

You must bring original * documents (and one copy) as follows:

*Two (2) original verifiable proofs of address (and a copy of each proof of address for the school to keep), from the list below which must be current (within the past 60 days):

  • An original lease agreement, deed or mortgage statement
  • A residential utility bill (gas or electric are acceptable) in the resident’s name issued by Con Edison
  • A signed, original letter from housing management on their letterhead stating your address, occupants, and how long you have lived there
  • Documentation or letter from a federal, state or local government agency (i.e. the IRS, NYC Housing Authority, Human Resources or the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS)
  • A current property tax bill or water bill for the residence
  • Official payroll documentation from an employer issued within the past sixty days such as a form submitted for tax withholding purposes or a payroll receipt.  A letter on employers letterhead is not adequate.
  • We do not accept phone bills, credit card bills, cable bills, or social security cards.

*Proof of Birth – Birth certificate, passport or baptismal certificate

*A self-addressed, stamped envelope